Although Physicians Endoscopy’s primary business is to help our physician partners develop and run their ASC through ASC development, management and billing services, we also recognize and understand our role in getting the word out about the many great things our ASC partners are doing every day to improve patient awareness and outcomes.
March presents two important opportunities for everyone in the business of healthcare:
- to provide information to the community regarding colon cancer;
- to promote awareness of ourselves and of our roles with regard to colorectal cancer screening, prevention and treatment.
Physicians Endoscopy (PE) encourages all of its partnered physicians to get their practices involved in Colon Cancer Awareness initiatives.
We are proud to showcase a few of our centers’ planned activities in observance of Colon Cancer Awareness Month.
Digestive Disease Associates (Practice) and Berks Center for Digestive Health (ASC)
This practice and center are very active when it comes to March Colon Cancer Awareness month initiatives. The activities on their list this year include:
- An educational ad in the Healthy Living section of the Reading Eagle newspaper
- A highlighted survivor story in their local paper. The piece will focus on the importance of screening procedures and how it can save lives
- Cakes with the colon cancer awareness blue star and the DDA logo — will be delivered to referring practices
- Newsletter for providers highlighting the importance of screening, statistics locally and nationally
- Distribution of colon cancer awareness brochures to referring offices
- Literature placed within the Digestive Disease Associates office about colon cancer
- E-mail correspondence to all patients of the practice—educating them about the importance of colon cancer awareness and screening
- A Digestive Disease Associates physician will join a panel of speakers in an evening presentation on colon cancer prevention
- A Berks Center for Digestive Health representative will speak on a local evening news program called “Medicine in the News” in the month of March
- A Digestive Disease Associates physician will be interviewed on WEEU Radio—HealthTalk Radio Show
Arizona West Endoscopy Center (AZWE)
AZWE is working on in-office education program and will distribute information about colon cancer in their lobby. Michigan Endoscopy Center-Providence Park (MECPP) MECPP will have a display in Providence Park Hospital and will be handing out the blue stars to patients and family members along with samples of Metamucil. Representatives will be on hand to explain the benefits of dietary fiber in the prevention of colon cancer/polyps.
Endoscopy Center of Robinwood (ECR)
ECR will be mailing postcards to PCPs and gynecologists in the tri-state area, followed by an article in the local newspapers, a radio program and a public service ad campaign in early March. The Endoscopy Center of Bainbridge (ECB) and University Suburban Endoscopy Center (USEC) These two centers are planning a “Free Screening Saturday” event to be held on March 29, 2014. Additionally, over 28,000 postcards will be mailed out to promote the event in the Chagrin Falls and South Euclid communities.
Laredo Digestive Health Center (LDHC)
Dr. Allen, Medical Director of LDHC, will host a cancer survivor dinner in March and media personnel will interview both Dr. Allen and the cancer survivors. Photos and story will appear in the society pages of the local newspaper. Ten area physicians who are actively sending their patients for colon screenings will be invited to a luncheon. Dr. Canales, physician at LDHC, is presenting on March 3, 2014 at the Laredo Gateway Rotary Club, of which a local congressman is a member.